I wrote about how to plan your summer content last year, and I figured I should bring it up again. It is almost summer and your business should have plans in place right now to be reaching out to your audience about summer time.
It is important to keep in mind that during the summer people are very distracted with vacations and family. For most families, there is actually less time to read, research, and focus on obtaining services because they are trying to deal with keeping kids occupied, planning outings, and working. Because of this you have to reach out and grab your audience’s attention now.
If your business is service related, start thinking about how you can reach out to your audience and explain each of these:
1. Why they need your services before summer:
- Will it be easier to get work done without kids/family around?
- Will a service make a summer more enjoyable? How and why?
- Are you busier in the summer so now is a better time?
- What are the downsides of not getting a service performed now?
2. Why summer is a perfect time to pay for your services:
- Do you have discounts for summer?
- Why is summer the best time to have your services performed?
- What are the extra benefits of summer services?
- How will your services enhance someone’s summer?
You have all kinds of things to talk about!
- Why people need your product before summer.
- Why people need your product during the summer.
- Why your product is helpful for X, Y, Z reasons.
- Why your product is a good summer gift.
- How your product is helpful for summer.
- The downsides of not using your product.
- Summer safety issues
- Kid safety when using products.
Tip: 3 MUSTS for Conversion
Whether you offer services or products, you have to do three things to convert:
- Create trust
- Meet a need
- Create a sense of urgency
If people don’t trust you, your service or your product you don’t convert. If your service or product doesn’t meet a need then people don’t need to waste their money on you, right? If you don’t create a sense of ‘must do this now’ you may lose them and not get them back.
All businesses should be advertising summer discounts now so people can plan things out, and people do plan summers based on budgets. So any info you can give them now will help them plan out there summer.
Have different coupon codes for different social networks for tracking purposes. Do they same for blog posts, emails and traditional advertising.
If your company can create a help guide that can be helpful to people over the summer, you have a great opportunity to reach people you haven’t reached before. This is a great way to get your name out there and gain some respect.
- Pool safety
- Water safety
- Vacation tips
- Car maintenance
- Health tips
- Activities ideas
- Family fun
- Things to do
- Travel tips
- Product safety tips
No matter what your business offers, you can always create a guide that is helpful to others. It is a great way to be seen and remembered (people may not need you now, but when they need your services…).
Marketing and Repurposing
Make sure guides are branded, shareable and promoted on social media, in advertising and online. Guides can be repurposed so if you have the time consider helpful videos, infographics and blog posts.
So get moving!
You are running out of time for to plan and get info out there. Once summer hits, start planning your back to school content! And, if you need more ideas for content, check out 11 Things to Ask Your Clients for Content Ideation.