Episode #15: WordPress for Everything?
This week we are joined by Andrew Norcross from Reaktiv Studios to discuss why more small business owners and content marketers are looking at WordPress as a solution for not just blogging, but the ever changing face of digital publishing.
Andrew’s Top Five Plugins
- WordPress SEO by Yoast: (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wordpress-seo/) can be feature overkill for some people, but it’s the best thing out there.
- Safe Redirect Manager: (https://wordpress.org/plugins/safe-redirect-manager/) clean and easy to use, actively mantained.
- WP Help: (https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-help/) great for setting up client facing documentation inside of WP itself that can be managed off site.
- Query Monitor: (https://wordpress.org/plugins/query-monitor/) my go-to for development work. Shows errors, query performance, and a host of other nerdy things.
- Regenerate Thumbnails: (https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/) great for when you change themes or otherwise update designs, it’ll go through and re-create all the various image sizes.
- Simple User Password Generator: (https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-user-password-generator/) great for setting strong passwords because users never make them on their own.
Is Facebook’s video growth bullshit – http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2015/07/freebooting_stolen_youtube_videos_going_viral_on_facebook.single.html
Carnegie Melon study on gender bias in Google ads – http://marketingland.com/carnegie-mellon-study-finds-gender-discrimination-in-ads-shown-on-google-134479