The ideal candidate will possess a solid idea of what makes content and PR compelling and a have solid understanding of the needs of journalists. The main responsibilities involve working with colleagues to plan, research and deliver content marketing campaigns, including creative content ideas and blogger outreach campaigns. Strategizing and building relationships with influential journalists and bloggers in order to gain coverage for our clients will be a key part of the role.
At CopyPress the day to day varies and tasks changing frequently. The main tasks will include but are not limited to:
- Working on digital marketing campaigns to come up with a PR strategy to help our clients grow their business online
- Working with the connections team to set project objectives that campaigns will be measured against
- Working with the creative team on the ideation and execution of creative content, ensuring each piece of content meets the needs of the publishers we intend to target
- Seeking out, building relationships with and pitching to relevant influencers and journalists
- Reporting on the results of promotional campaigns and understanding how this provides ROI
The candidate will be accountable for all work carried out on the projects that you lead. You must be comfortable with taking ownership of problems as well as solutions and ensuring that the work you do meets our clients’ business objectives.
We are seeking candidates with that have two years or more of experience working in digital marketing and will have driven exceptional results for your clients. Ideal candidates have a range of skills including but are not limited to:
- 2+ years’ experience in digital marketing
- Solid understanding of journalism and a keen news sense
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge and experience of Digital Marketing including Content Marketing, basic SEO and Social Media
- Ability to build relationships with key influencers and journalists, and maintain an ever growing network of contacts
- Sound copywriting skills
- Ability to research, plan, implement and report on campaigns
- Good time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well within a team
Preferred Candidate Skills
We prefer that candidates have a background in relevant skills, such as:
- Experience leading audience research projects (everything from customer surveys, creating personas, studying audience behavior on a website, etc.)
- The ability to write copy ranging from various verticals and types
- Experience in writing attention-grabbing, share-earning headlines
- Experience writing and editing on a tight deadline
- Confidence making content strategy recommendations
- Knowledge of how to edit a piece of content and look for copy errors, structural issues, information gaps, whether it has the right tone of voice, and whether or not it fits the intended audience.
- Blogger outreach experience
- SEO knowledge and experience
Medical and health benefits offered after 90-probation period.
Paid PTO allowance offered after 90-day probation period (prorated for the current calendar year).
401K options offered after 90-day probation period.
Employee is subject to an annual performance review.
Creating things is our passion at CopyPress. Since 2009, we’ve fed that passion by helping customers create, great content, convert traffic into sales, and conquer their content marketing efforts. We offer state of the industry content production and services.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of the duties, responsibilities, skills, and abilities required to perform the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, a reasonable representation of its activities, and the requirements to perform it.
CopyPress Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace.
Please no remote workers, recruiters or contractors.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.copypress.com/copypress-job-application/?position=Publisher Relations Manager&resume=yes →