CopyPress has spent a whopping $34,000 on marketing in 2013.
That is less than $4,000 a month.
For that spend we have:
- Increased our customer base from 10 to 100
- Increased our email list from 0 to more than 10,000
- Increased community.copypress.com from 0 to almost 6,000
However, with our private beta ready to be launched, we felt it was time to up the game, so we put together some dollars for marketing.
All of our success has come from going about things like guerillas, so taking the heavy spend route is a bit foreign to us. So we came up with some interesting ideas.
Breast Cancer Research
October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, so CopyPress has gone pink.
My grandmother is a breast cancer survivor, and almost everyone I know has a story of a loved one dealing with this disease. One of CopyPress’ core values is Community, and we felt we could make a big difference for this cause.
Along with turning our homepage and website pink to promote awareness we also put up a huge chunk of our marketing spend for breast cancer research. Our goal is to spend $10,000. All we ask is that marketers help us out by signing up for our private beta and keep us from wasting the money on marketing and send $10 for every signup to an amazing cause.
Please sign-up, and spread the word in marketing circles. Our beta product will be an awesome free software and you can help save lives, a truly amazing win-win-win (the third win is for us for getting an awesome beta user).
Since there are less than 30 days left for people to get in on our invite-only private beta, Pubcon seemed like a no-brainer for CopyPress to have a strong presence.
I will be speaking at Pubcon, but I am also taking a large group of CopyPressers to Vegas to get word out about our amazing software and products (come check us out at booth #70).
Here is what you can look forward to:
1. We are giving CopyPress shades to everyone that signs up. Our future is bright; you will need them.
Learn more with our eBook!Download eBook
2. By signing up you help fight breast cancer.
3. We built a mobile site for you to keep up with the Pubcon chatter, take part in our scavenger hunt, and play bingo with us …. All for a chance to win one of the five Nexus 7’s we will be giving away. Go to Pubcon.CopyPress.com and keep an eye out for our clues with the #pubcon #cp hashtags.
- Scavenger Hunt – We will be releasing two clues a day from the 23rd – 24th. All you have to do is take a picture of each answer, and be the first person to tweet your victory and to turn them in at our booth for a prize.
- Bingo – We will be releasing bingo cards throughout the conference with speaker photos on them. Take a picture of yourself with corresponding people to get horizontal, vertical, or a diagonal bingo and be the first person to tweet bingo and get to our booth to win!
4. On-Site audits – Come by our booth (#70) for a little love from myself or one of our staff members. Free audits are free, hence the name – take advantage of them.
Come check me out at my panels which include :
- Session name: Scaling up with high quality content
- Date: Wednesday, October 23rd, 2013 at 3:00-4:10pm in Salon G
- Session name: Interactive Site Reviews : Open Call
- Date: Thursday, October 24th, 2013 at 10:20-11:30am in Salon J
- Session name: Stop Killing Your Content – The Content Life Cycle Explained
- Date: Thursday, October 24th, 2013 at 1:15-2:25pm in Salon D
We hope to see you there!