Many companies and businesses use SEO software to help them improve their content marketing and organic traffic. The software can help companies develop more relevant content and improve the quality of their website. If you’re hoping to increase your customer base and attract more people to your company, it’s important to understand how SEO software can help you. In this guide, we’ll discuss what SEO software is, why it’s important, and several SEO software and tools you can choose from.
What Is SEO?
SEO stands for search engine optimization. Companies often use SEO to make sure customers can find their websites and products more easily. That’s because when a company performs SEO, they increase their chances of being found through a search engine’s algorithm.
When someone types something into Google or another search engine, the search engine uses that word or phrase to find and present related websites and links. For example, say you type “best bedside table lamps” into Google. Google will then scour the internet for quality content that matches those keywords, then present them as a ranked search engine results page, or SERP. Good SEO practices help search engines find your site and rank it highly in the SERP, making it more likely that people will see it.
Why Is SEO Software Important?
SEO software is important for companies and businesses because it notifies them of how their website is performing in SERPs. The software provides you with helpful tools that allow you to improve your organic search rankings and generate a larger customer base. Some other benefits to SEO software include:
- Saving time: SEO tools allow you to perform tasks more easily, such as keyword research and website analysis. Using the software, you can pinpoint keywords you should target more easily and immediately find problems with your site’s SEO. Then you can make more informed content marketing decisions to ensure people can find your site.
- Developing content: Once you know which keywords you need to target, SEO software can inform you as you develop and create content for those keywords. Some tools can also analyze the content you’ve already made and see if it needs to be altered for better SEO functions.
- Organizing strategies: SEO tools can help you develop and organize SEO strategies to attract customers more easily. Some software can even let you create and manage multiple marketing projects or websites at one time.
- Competitor analysis: Some SEO tools allow you to perform competitor analysis and see how other companies are marketing their businesses. It can also help you find new keywords to target and new content marketing strategies to try.
Another important component of utilizing SEO software is conducting a site crawl analysis. Learn about how this technique can help improve your back-end SEO through CopyPress’ free site crawl analysis eBook.
10 Best All-In-One SEO Software
Here are some of the best all-in-one software you can use to improve your business’s SEO:
Image via WooRank
WooRank is marketing software that requires a paid subscription. It has several tools that can help you improve your SEO, including:
- Website Reviewer: The website reviewer is a tool that analyzes your company’s site. It allows you to see how you can improve your SEO and rank higher on search engine results pages.
- SEO Monitoring: The software’s SEO monitoring watches your website nonstop. It can tell you when your SEO rankings have dipped. It can also notify you of any major issues, such as when your website server is down.
- Keyword Researcher: The keyword researcher is a tool that helps you identify the best keywords to use. It can also help you identify the keywords that competitors are targeting. Knowing those keywords can help you better understand your competitors’ marketing tactics and help you find keywords you might have missed.
- Sales Tools: The program’s sales tools help you automate some of your marketing. Automated marketing can make it easier to increase your customer base and generate leads.
The type of subscription for WooRank can vary. The most basic price package is $79.99 per month, while the more expensive option is $199.99. There’s also a third option that allows you to generate a subscription price with WooRank’s sales team based on your business’s needs. WooRank also allows individuals to pursue a Certified WooRank Expert credential for their software. It’s a test with 44 multiple-choice questions with a 15-minute timer. Though it’s not necessary, having this certification may help demonstrate your SEO expertise to your clients.
Image via SEMrush
SEMrush is one of the most popular all-in-one SEO tools available to companies. The tools and information it provides include:
- Keyword analysis
- Competitor analysis
- Overview of SEO performance
- SEO optimization suggestions
- Daily rankings for keywords
- Monetary worth of organic traffic
- Keyword difficulty percentage
There are a few different pricing plans for the SEMrush software, including $119.95 a month for the pro version and $449.95 a month for the business version. Each subscription offers unique value to businesses by giving them different tools and data they can use. Though all of that information is helpful for businesses, it’s important to know if the price is worth it. SEMrush offers a seven-day free trial that allows you to try its features and determine if you want to continue using the software.
Image via SE Ranking
SE Ranking is another popular all-in-one SEO tool. It has a lot of the same features that SEMrush has, including keyword analysis, an overview of SEO performance, and page optimization suggestions. Some users who have tried both SE Ranking and SEMrush indicate that SE Ranking is more beginner-friendly and easier to use. In the program, you can add keywords you want to track and also conduct competitor analysis.
SE Ranking’s lowest subscription is $31 a month. It also offers a 14-day free trial for those who are new to their product.
Image via Siteimprove
Siteimprove is a company that offers several software solutions for marketing, including helpful SEO tools. The tools offer different services, such as keyword insights and on-page diagnostics. These tools can help your own website or allow you to conduct competitor research on other domains.
If you want to start using Siteimprove’s services, you can request a quote from the company. The pricing for the software may vary depending on which of its services and tools you want to use.
Image via SEOquake
SEOquake is a browser plug-in that gives your company a lot of helpful information. It gives you access to various tools such as:
- SEObar: The SEObar is added to the top of every website you visit. The bar informs you about the webpage’s index on Google and Bing. It also tells you information about the webpage’s backlinks.
- SEO Dashboard: The SEO dashboard gives you a little more information than the SEObar. It helps you understand important info about the webpage, including its title, URL, and meta tags. For those who don’t like extra bars on their web browser, the dashboard also provides the same information as the SEObar so you can have all your data in one place without an on-page distraction.
- SERP Overlay: The SERP overlay is a tool that displays information for you on the search engine you’re using. In general, it displays the same information that the SEObar does, but lets you know about each webpage, its index, and its backlinks before clicking on it.
- Keyword Analysis: The SEO dashboard also allows you to examine the keywords on each webpage you visit. It then lists how often the keywords appear, their density, and their prominence on the page.
Overall, SEOquake provides you with a lot of helpful information that can allow you to improve your company’s SEO. The service is also free to anyone who wants to add the plug-in to their browser. People who are already familiar with SEO will find SEOquake easy to use since it relies on a user’s knowledge of search engine optimization to communicate key data points.
Image via Ahrefs
Ahrefs is a popular all-in-one SEO software that is similar to SEMrush and SE Ranking. One of the most helpful tools it offers is the site auditor. The auditor examines your site and informs you about your SEO challenges and how to best solve them. This can include missing meta tags, broken links, and targeted keywords. If your content isn’t targeting your keywords correctly, Ahrefs can help you optimize them.
There are several subscription options you can choose from, depending on the services you need. The lowest-priced subscription starts at $99 a month. However, the company also offers a $7 seven-day trial.
Image via Moz Pro
Moz Pro is another all-in-one SEO software program that gives its users a lot of helpful tools. Those tools can help you perform effective keyword research, track your site’s ranking, and perform an analysis for each of your webpages.
Though its prices are like Ahrefs, with a base subscription of $99 a month, Moz Pro does have a free 30-day trial you can use. It also has several free SEO tools that customers can try out. Though there’s often a limit to how much you can use each tool per month, the free services can provide you with very helpful places to start your content marketing campaigns.
Image via SpyFu
SpyFu is another great SEO software that offers a variety of tools for you and your business. The software can perform many similar functions to SEMrush and Ahrefs, but its most unique service includes its competitor analysis. SpyFu can tell you a lot about a competitor’s marketing tactics. When you search a competitor’s domain, the software can tell you about their keywords, the ads they purchase, and their past successful ad campaigns. The software can also tell you about up-and-coming businesses that might become competitors later on.
SpyFu’s base subscription is $33 a month, while its professional subscription is $58 a month. The company also offers a team subscription for companies with five user logins for $199 a month.
Image via Serpstat
Serpstat is software that provides a lot of helpful tools to businesses such as:
- Keyword research
- Backlink analysis
- Rank tracking
- Competitor analysis
- SEO optimizing
You can access Serpstat through its online portal and manage your marketing projects. However, you can also use its Chrome extension, which gives you data on whatever website you’re viewing. You can analyze how the website is set up, the keywords it targets, and how much traffic it receives.
The software offers very limited search functions for non-paying users, but some of the data it offers on keyword research can help you get started on your SEO strategy. Otherwise, Serpstat offers several subscriptions that range from $55 a month to $399 a month. All subscriptions offer the same tools but vary on how many times you can use them per month.
Image via SEO Spider
SEO Spider is software that examines every URL on your site and analyzes the pages. Then it communicates information such as how long your meta tags are and if any pages are missing titles. It displays the information in a spreadsheet so that you can reorder and manage it easily. However, those who are new to SEO and website analysis might need some extra time to figure out some of the settings and details.
SEO Spider does offer a free version of the software that you can use. It limits some of the tools and URLs that it can examine, but for smaller sites, that might be all you need. The pro version is 149 euros per year.
7 Best SEO Tools
Here are seven of the best tools that help businesses with specific SEO problems or challenges:
Image via FatRank
FatRank is a browser plug-in that identifies how your website ranks on Google for different keywords. While on your website, open FatRank and type in the keyword you’re searching for and the country in which you want to search. The program then searches the top 100 SERP positions for that criteria and tells you where your website ranks.
The program is free and lets you see how your SEO tactics are working. If your website isn’t ranking high enough for certain keywords, it might mean you need to target them more aggressively.
Image via Siteliner
Siteliner is SEO software that focuses mainly on website analysis. It can help you identify certain elements of your website, including:
- Broken links on your site
- Duplicate content
- Your highest ranking webpages
Siteliner is very useful for website analysis. Its tools can also help you conduct competitor analysis by examining other company’s sites. The basic Siteliner tool is free and allows you to check 250 pages of a website and only one website every 30 days. You can also purchase credits that give you access to Siteliner Premium. Each credit is a penny, but you have to buy a minimum of a thousand, making it a minimum fee of $10.
Image via Keywords Everywhere
Keywords Everywhere is a Chrome or Firefox plug-in that shows you helpful keyword data. While using the extension on a search engine, the program generates keywords based on related searches. Next to that, it also displays how many people have searched that keyword over the month, its average cost-per-click (CPC), and its current competition. This information can help you determine which keywords you should target for your own business.
The tool can also perform webpage analysis, identifying the major keywords that a website or company uses. It can also export a list of keywords for you to keep track of and manage. Keywords Everywhere is not free, but the company allows you to pay for it on an as-needed basis. It uses a credit system to allow people to pay for credits, which gives them a certain number of uses before needing to pay for more.
Image via Conductor
Conductor is a Google Chrome extension that gives you several SEO tools. It examines the webpage you’re reading and gives you information on keyword research, backlink analysis, and SEO overview. It also helps you analyze other page information, including the readability of the content. This tool allows you to see important information on your own webpage and helps you manage your content or website. However, it can also help you analyze competitive businesses. It can tell you about their keywords and their overall SEO health.
The basic version of Conductor is free for everyone. However, it only lets you examine five web pages per day. The company does offer other SEO software and services that expand on the Chrome extension.
Image via Google
Google has several tools that you can use to boost your site’s SEO. Those tools include:
- Google Search Console: When you use Google Search Console, it analyzes your site and tells you how to improve it. Specifically, it can point out issues with your SEO. It can also tell you your top 1,000 keywords and backlinks that provide you with the most organic traffic.
- Google Ads Keyword Planner: Google Ads Keyword Planner is a tool that allows you to find helpful data and stats on keywords, or groups of keywords. This includes their monthly search volume, suggested terms for you to consider, and the competition level of each keyword. To access the Keyword Planner, you’ll need to be running a current campaign with Google Ads.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a free tool that tells you about your site’s traffic. It can let you know how many people visit your site, what pages they read, and where most of your site’s visitors are located. It doesn’t provide details about your site’s keywords or SEO, but when paired with other tools, it may provide you with a lot of helpful information.
- Google Trends: Google Trends is a tool that helps you with keyword research. It allows you to see how popular certain keywords are, and related keywords or topics that people are also searching for. It isn’t able to tell you other information, such as the keyword’s competition or who’s using it, but it’s a free keyword research tool.
Image via KWFinder
KWFinder is an SEO tool that focuses mainly on keyword research. It can tell you how many people search for a specific keyword, keywords that relate to it, and how easy it would be to target them. However, KWFinder also allows people to track competitors and see which keywords they target most often. This information can help you choose your own keywords and create an effective content marketing campaign.
KWFinder has a 10-day free trial with a limited number of keywords you can search. For $29 a month, you can search up to 100 keywords a day. For $39 a month, you can search up to 500 keywords a day. Pick whichever subscription works best for you and your business.
Image via Answer the Public
Answer the Public is a helpful keyword research tool that displays its data visually. It generates some of the most popular long-tail keywords that relate to the term you searched. It then categorizes them using questions, prepositions, and comparisons. The tool also gives you more information, such as the keyword’s difficulty, its search volume, and how many clicks it generates per search.
The tool offers individuals three free searches a day and the ability to download a CSV. The CSV neatly lists the keywords in a spreadsheet document you can use freely. However, once your three searches are up, you will need to pay for a subscription. The base package for Answer the Public is either $99 a month or $79 a month with the annual pre-pay package.
Each of these tools and software can be beneficial to companies and businesses. However, it’s important to know that some software might be perfect for one business but might not work the same for yours. It’s helpful to see what each piece of software offers so you can determine which will best suit your marketing needs. No matter which tool you choose, performing better SEO can help you attract more interested visitors to your webpages.